ISPs can now enhance customer experience and improve collections with automatic debit order submissions and real-time payment processing support via Netcash.
In the spirit of the festive season, we wanted to give the gift that keeps on giving. To this end, we have partnered with Code4CT, a Cape Town-based charity, to ‘Introduce 100 Girls to Code’.
This initiative brings the power of coding to 100 girls, where they explore technology and build their first website.
We believe that our industry is built on the skills and innovations of our workforces, and we strongly support charities, such as Code4CT, who are helping to expose as many people as possible to our industry – benefiting us all at the end of the day.
Code4CT teaches coding fundamentals, fosters innovative thinking and prepares their learners for a 21st century working environment. At Code4CT, participants are trained in web development, design principles as well as courses in professional development.
Through using coding and web building skills, participants are exposed to how IT skills can be applied to solve problems, and they are encouraged to use their knowledge to tackle a real local challenge:
- Career Guidance – Students are given the opportunity to meet different companies within the industry.
- Problem Solving – Students learn how to communicate their ideas and solutions to relevant problems, with the use of code.
“Our Courses equip high potential female learners with the coding, problem solving and life skills that will allow them to leverage technology to contribute meaningfully to South Africa’s innovation system. The program exposes young women to how technology can be used for social innovation and helps them navigate critical study decisions” – Code4CT
There are multiple ways you, as an individual or as a company, can make a difference:
- 100 Hours of Coding: raise money to support 100 hours of coding education for girls in Cape Town.
- Explore Careers in Code: support girls learning about careers in tech from prominent women leaders in a day-long event.
- Train Web and Data Experts: Fund 20 girls to learn web development or data analysis in our week-long Code Week.
- Get Involved: You can also get involved by sponsoring workshops, donate laptops and offer the use of event spaces and computer labs.
SOLID is very proud to have this opportunity to work with Code4CT and are looking forward to a long and successful partnership with their team and students. Stay tuned for photos and more information in the New Year.
SOLID would like to wish everyone a happy, safe and festive holiday season – check out what we are doing to say a festive “Thank you” to our customers. We look forward to working with all of our customers in 2018.