It’s events such as the UCT Developer Socienty’s ‘#BreakTheRules’ that really highlight the flexibility of…
We took over the SOLIDitech Cape Town Offices on Friday, 26 July 2019 in a fast-paced and exciting afternoon of MINUTE TO WIN IT Games. With desk-based work we like to encourage our teams to get away from their screens and partake in some of the sports activities we offer – hosting a MINUTE TO WIN IT tournament seemed like the perfect way to have some fun with everyone on a Friday afternoon.
We divided everyone up into teams and left them guessing about what games they would have to compete in. For weeks, staff would try and ask questions or stare at the equipment left in the Marketing Department’s corner. All would only become clear during the event briefing…
How it Worked
Each team nominated 1 player from their team for each game and got 1-minute to get the best score possible. There was no time to practise and no time to think about it – 3,2,1 go!
- Rapid Fire: Use elastic bands to destroy paper cup pyramids across the room. Better watch out – there were plenty of elastic bands flying around.
- Balloon Shove: There are 15 cups per team and the only way to get them off the table is with an air-filled balloon…
- Junk in the Trunk: The aim of the game is to shake, rattle and just about roll the ping pong balls out of a tissue box attached to your booty.
- Pyramid Stack: Make as many cup pyramids as you can in just one minute.
- Spoon Frog: This was a toughie. It’s like playing Leapfrog, but with teaspoons.
The overall top four teams competed in a tough round of ‘Balloon shove’ and ‘Junk in the Trunk’, this determined the final two teams!
The Final – A Balloon Shove Faceoff
The final was an intense round of Balloon Shove! I mean, bragging rights were at stake. There could be only one winner and that was Team 2! Congratulations Team 2 – we hope you enjoy your prizes (and amazing trophy)!
Thank you to everyone that took part – it was great to see everyone hone in on their cup-stacking-booty-shaking-spoon-frogging skills.
Do you want to be part of our next SOLIDitech team event?
Our staff are the lifeblood of our business. If solving practical business problems with some pretty awesome software and disruptive thinking sounds like your cup of tea (or coffee) – drop us a line. SOLIDitech is always looking for talent so take a look on our recruitment page for vacancies at SOLIDitech.