Your position as Business Analyst means that you will be responsible for gathering, analysing and documenting customer requirements. Then working with the development manager and client to compile an accepted project proposal/quote. You will serve as the liaison between the client and the software development team in order to determine the requirements so that they can implement a technical solution that meets the client’s needs. Once the development is complete you will assist the QA team and client to test and deploy the solution.
You will report to your assigned Development Manager. Your primary duties and responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Meeting with clients via Video Conferencing or on-site to analyse the client’s needs and high-level requirements.
- Gathering, analysing and documenting detailed business requirements, evaluating business processes and uncovering areas for improvement within new and existing client businesses.
- Compiling specifications that clearly define the client’s needs in the form of Business Requirement Specifications (BRS) and Client Proposals/Quote.
- Working with the development manager/team and the client to refine the BRS into an Accepted project proposal/quote.
- Working together with clients and the software development teams using our prescribed software development lifecycle (SDLC) tools and methodologies to deliver the solution.
- Performing user acceptance testing on solutions developed according to specified business requirements with the quality assurance (QA) team and the client.
- Assisting with the compilation of User Guides / Training Guides / User Acceptance Testing Guides / Customer facing documentation.
- Presenting the final solution to the client and assisting with go-live.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and technology advancements to help automate and digitise ISP business systems.
- Communicate with Customers (daily or as required) to provide input on requirements around support issues, bug fixes or raised action items.
- Will be required to meet with customers either via Video conference or at the SOLIDitech offices or on customer premises at the customer, based on the customer’s preference.
- Conduct Customer demos (on site and remotely).
- Always be presentable, courteous and professional.
- Document, Follow up, review, correct and act on any action items raised by the client or development team from all meetings.
Our Business Analysts should:
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Be a clear and critical thinker, with excellent oral and written communication skills and mastery of the English language.
- Be able to construct use case diagrams, workflow charts/diagrams and write clear and understandable business requirement specifications (BRS, SDs, Proposals).
- Be inquisitive with a focus on asking questions to understand requirements and priorities.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to relate business processes to technology.
- Be able to communicate business concepts to technical audiences and technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Be able to build and maintain relationships and facilitate collaboration and communication.
- Be outgoing, friendly and professional in our service-based industry as that helps to create an amicable environment both in the office and in front of customers.
- Be able to work within a team environment as well as independently.
- Be willing to travel to customers.
- Be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office products and/or Google’s G-Suite Applications.
- Have strong interpersonal skills.
- Be self-motivated and action-and-results oriented.
- Have good presentation skills.
- Be able to balance their time across all areas of responsibility.
- Be able to drive and meet deadlines.
- Valid Code 08 South African Drivers License.
- Tertiary Degree/Qualification required.
- Business Analysis certification advantageous.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of business experience, preferably in the software or ISP industry.
- Experience in gathering and writing requirements documents.
- Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile practices.
- Experience in working with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and/or Google’s G-Suite Applications (Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides).