2020 has proved to be very challenging. But between the COVID-19 Pandemic and loadshedding our…
The whole point of a career expo is to find out more about careers and job opportunities available to you – right? Well, we agree.
That’s why we’re hosting a stand at this year’s UCT Technology Career Expo and bringing along some of our top Engineers for you to come and chat to directly, to find out what being a Software Engineer is all about.
Come and see us and ask us lots of questions.
Why are we qualified to answer?
Well, we’re SOLIDitech. We build some pretty cool business automation software for real life businesses where we get to help our customers solve real operational challenges. We’ve been doing it for 12 years and have a large team of Software Engineers who collectively have over 200 years of development experience.
We think that software development is a pretty exciting career path to chose and we want to help you out by answering any burning questions you may have, like: What does a Software Engineer actually do?
- What does a Software Engineer actually do?
- What practical skills would I use in my job?
- What are typical salaries for a software engineer?
- What career prospects are there?
- What do you do in a typical day?
You can read all about it online, but nothing beats having a good ‘ol conversation with a real life Software Engineer to get the low-down on what it’s all about and how we bring business and technology together.
Being a Software Engineer is an exciting career with loads of growth and endless opportunities.
So come and have a chat with us:When: Wednesday 23
- When: Wednesday 23 August, 2017
- Where: Stand no. 29, Jameson Hall Upper Campus, UCT
- What time: 09:00 – 15:00.
We have some pretty exciting things planned for the day:
- We’ll be giving out free popcorn – do we even have to go on?
- Interactive Stand – we want to see what you think…
- Did someone say DJI Spark Drone? Take part in our ‘SOLID Codewars Challenge’ and stand a chance to win a sparkling new drone. The competition will be open for 2 days so you’ll have plenty of time to get involved.
Our team will be all ‘swagged’ up and ready for any questions you might have; we’re a friendly bunch and enjoy a good chat, so don’t be shy and come and say hi!