2020 has proved to be very challenging. But between the COVID-19 Pandemic and loadshedding our…
“What is it really like to be a Software Engineer?” or “What does a Software Engineer actually do?”
Believe us, we know these are tough (and important) questions – choosing a career path is never easy. We think that software development is a pretty exciting career path and we want to help you out by answering any burning questions you may have. To this end, we’ll be hosting a stand at the 2019 UCT Careers Expo. We’ll be there with our team consisting of Software Engineers and Quality Assurance Analysts, ready and excited to answer any questions you may have.
- When: Wednesday, 07 August 2019
- Where: UCT Sports Centre
- What Time: 09:00 – 16:00
Come and visit our stand, bring all your friends and questions along, and WIN SOME PRIZES. We’ll have SOLID Staff ready and eager to share their experiences and knowledge with you.
We’ve Planned Some Great Stuff:
- Grand prize – A Playstation Bundle (PS 4): Oh Yeah, that’s right.
- Lucky Prizes @ our Stand: We’ll also be giving away a Nintendo 2DS XL. Come visit our stand to find out how to get your hands on this awesome prize.
- An Interactive Stand: Come visit us to find out what’s “hanging” around our stand.
In finding out more about a potential career path, you cannot beat the experience of chatting to a real member of the industry. You’ll be able to get all the dirt and details on what it is like to work in this industry, what we do, and how we do it.
Why should you come to find us?
We Dare to be Different
We’re SOLIDitech. We build some pretty cool business automation software for real life businesses where we get to help our customers solve real operational challenges. We’ve been doing it for 14 years and have an experienced team:
- We Revolutionise: Working at SOLIDitech is a work-directly-with-the-customer-on-something-that’s-never-been-done-before type job.
- We Learn: It’s important to us that each of our staff grow as working professionals – to be the best he/she can be.
- We Play: We’re always finding fun and inventive ways to get the team together to chat, mingle and relax.
Our team is made up of some pretty great people; we’re from all over the place, believe in all sorts of things and enjoy working together.
Graduate-Friendly Employer with an Active Work Experience Program
We are Graduate-Friendly and actively recruit straight out of Varsity. Yes, for a real job that actually pays.
We also have a SOLID Work Experience Program (vac work), which we run twice a year during the long Varsity holidays. Getting your first job straight out of Varsity can be terrifying, not to mention difficult. Apply what you learn with us as the foundation of your career with real-world experience and something awesome to put on your CV.